Manager, Solution Engineering
- - Solution Engineering
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) Solution Engineering team develops technologies that directly impact the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking a Manager, Solution Engineering with expertise overseeing developers as they perform design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of applications, databases, and integrations. This position will focus on supporting development teams by managing standards and best practices, advising on technical approach, clarifying requirements for projects, and setting forward-looking architectural direction for IHIE's application development strategy. If you're talented, driven, and enjoy a little fun, you'll find IHIE to be a great place to work.
Summary: Works closely with the IHIE Developers, Product Owners, Support/Integration Teams, and partners to design solutions for Java Application functionality and integration. This role will exercise strong organization, analysis, design, troubleshooting, and management skills across multiple systems and teams.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsibility for day-to-day oversight and management of Java & Oracle developers
- Establish personal & team goals based on company objectives
- Evaluate performance and deliver feedback via regular one-on-one meetings and yearly reviews
- Address inter-team and intra-team communication, collaboration, and cooperation
- Define training plans to advance developers' skillsets
- Own job descriptions, hiring for open positions, and identifying future resource needs
- Promote growth of team members through new experiences and challenges
- Evaluate and manage relationships with partner organizations, consultants, and vendors
Application Development Management
- Hands-on involvement with troubleshooting, analysis, and design tasks assigned to the team
- Participate in Scrum rituals like grooming, planning, and stand-ups to oversee work efforts
- Establish and enforce code standards & best practices
- Audit Unit Testing & Peer Review output, and improve code quality through new approaches
- Oversee code management, package promotion, and build/deployment processes
- Advise on security aspects and remediate code, configuration, and permissions issues
- Coordinate with other development teams & resources on technical strategy
- Investigate requests and elicit detailed requirements, root cause, or workflow specifics.
- Produce technical implementation recommendations, plans, and designs for n-Tier applications, often by collaborating with teammates or stakeholders from other departments.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience managing and directly supervising software development teams
- 4+ years of experience with software analysis, troubleshooting, design, development, and testing
- 4+ years of experience with system integrations, APIs, Web Services
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases, specifically PL-SQL, Stored Procedures, Oracle, and PostgreSQL
- Demonstrated servant leadership, hands-on management, and supervisory skills
- Experience in a HIPAA regulated environment or with health data
- Experience with common health data formats, such as HL7 and CCD
- Experience with the Agile and/or Scrum methodologies
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting expertise
- Proven success designing efficient, scalable, and maintainable software solutions
- Experience with working across multiple application development or operations teams
- Ability to learn new and complicated technologies, techniques, tools, and business processes quickly
- Experience handling demanding projects and juggling multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media