Senior Java Developer (Solution Engineer III)
- - Solution Engineering
- 46202, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) Solution Engineering team develops technologies that directly impact the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking a Java Developer with expertise in design, development, maintenance, and support of web applications and data processing systems. This position will focus on adding new capabilities for internal and external users, addressing production issues, and migrating/modernizing components of the existing infrastructure. If you're talented, driven, and enjoy a little fun, you'll find IHIE to be a great place to work.
Summary: Works closely with the IHIE Developers, Product Owners, Support/Integration Teams, and partners to design, develop, document, test, and debug technology solutions. This role will exercise strong leadership, analytical, troubleshooting, development, and testing skills across multiple data feeds, processes, and repositories.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in full development lifecycle - analyzes, designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs new and existing application code.
- Proficiency in advanced Java development, such as Multithreading, generics, dynamic class loading, lambda expressions, annotations, best practices regarding exception handling and other advanced java features.
- Mastery of Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns, such as builder, dependency injection, singleton and factory.
- Comfortable implementing, configuring, and managing builds & deployments, including source control (branching, merging, tagging), Jenkins, Maven, Archiva, build automation, and continuous integration.
- Skilled with establishing and managing a local development environment and IDE from scratch.
- Expertise with Linux, including bash, cron, and permissioning (application, user, and directory)
- Experienced with modernizing applications though implementing frameworks, platforms, and processes that would improve the efficiency of building and maintaining system functionality.
- Demonstrates leadership in setting and managing team's technical direction, best practices & standards, and process improvement.
- Mentors teammates through hurdles and provides guidance, growth, and learning opportunities.
- Organizes code review processes and participates in assessment of peer output.
- Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Leads application design meetings to understand user needs and defines technical design.
- Consults with product owners to prototype, refine, test and debug applications to meet needs.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- BS in computer science or related field
- 5+ years experience with Java/OOP and related application development frameworks
- 5+ years experience with application troubleshooting, support, design, and enhancement
- 3+ years experience with leading technical teams on enterprise-level systems and projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Leadership of a cross-functional team
- Ability to research, understand, and take ownership of existing application code
- Learn new and complicated technologies, techniques, tools, and business processes quickly
- Experience handling demanding projects and juggling multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to address complicated business opportunities with technology
- Experience in healthcare helpful
- Experience with the Agile and/or Scrum methodologies
In exchange for your technical expertise and creative problem solving, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month. Learn more at www.ihie.org.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media