- Solution Engineering - Technology
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) Information Technology (IT) team supports technologies that directly impact the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking an Network Administrator with strong network, security, troubleshooting, and analytical skills to join the team. If you enjoy tackling new challenges where obstacles fuel your fire to find answers, then IHIE may be the place for you.
Summary: The Network Administrators key functions include managing infrastructure firewalls, VPNs, VoiP, and switch network as well as security platforms such as, Identity Access Management (IAM), SIEM event monitoring, network perimeter security, vulnerability management and data loss protection. The Network Administrator will work with the entire IT team to maintain a high level of security for the networking infrastructure.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working daily with Firewalls, VPN's, and UTM configurations.
- Network infrastructure configuration and hardening.
- Manage and support all networking infrastructure such as VoIP, PoE switches, WiFi, and camera system.
- Maintain physical security such as key card access and alarm codes.
- Support (IAM) and assist implementation as it relates to network traffic and security.
- Troubleshoot requests and provide end-user support for authentication, authorization, and technical issues.
- Works closely with Security Program Manager to coordinate and remediate penetration testing, application testing, vulnerability scans, and system configuration management projects.
- Responsible for SIEM security events at the network level to identify potential security incidents.
- Collaborate with IT management, legal, HR and law enforcement agencies to respond to security incidents.
- Execute policy, processes, and procedures in support of IHIE's HITRUST and HIPAA compliance requirements.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems.
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent networking and infrastructure experience highly preferred
Skills and Experience: Must have
- Direct experience working with Cisco/Sourcefire firewalls at all levels of configuration and maintenance such as firmware updates, vLAN configurations, ACL's.
- Configure and maintain PoE switches as it pertains to supporting VoIP and camera systems.
- Configure and manage point to point VPN's
- RAS/Radius configurations with routers and switches.
- Wireless setup and configuration: WLCs, WCS, WAPs
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Skilled in system analysis, troubleshooting, business logic, data flow, and problem-solving
- Solid understanding and experience in security operations best practices and regulatory requirements
- Experience in implementing and configuring security systems required
- Solid understanding and experience in computer networking required
- High technical aptitude, ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working directly with customers and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time while working on multiple tasks required
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Ability to initiate and manage projects
- Currently possess industry standard network and security certifications: CCDA, CCNA, Security+, SSCP...
- Experience with healthcare IT systems, HIPAA regulated environment, or with health data
- Practice with web application development technologies, APIs, Web Services, SQL, and relational databases
- Good understanding of project management and Agile methodologies
In exchange for your strong networking and troubleshooting skills, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month. Learn more at www.ihie.org.