Java Developer (Solution Engineer I)
- - Solution Engineering
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) Solution Engineering team develops technologies that directly impact the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking a highly motivated software developer that is excited to learn, collaborate, and deliver high quality functionality to our products. This position will focus on supporting existing Java-based data processing systems through maintenance, support, enhancements, and from-scratch development work. If you're talented, driven, and enjoy a little fun, you'll find IHIE to be a great place to work.
Summary: Works closely with the IHIE Developers, Product Owners, Support/Integration Teams, and partners to design, develop, document, test and debug technology solutions. This role will exercise strong analytical, troubleshooting, development, and testing skills across multiple data feeds, processes, and repositories.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs new and existing application code.
- Proficient in Java development and Object Oriented Programming concepts, design patterns, and techniques.
- Uses related tools such as eclipse, source control (branching, merging, versioning), Ant, Maven, build automation, bash scripts, basic Linux commands, cron jobs, etc.
- Serves as technical expert on development projects.
- Participates in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Supports, maintains, and documents application functionality.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises applications as needed.
- Participates in application design meetings to understand user needs and determine technical requirements.
- Consults with product owners to prototype, refine, test and debug applications to meet needs.
- Participates working in agile/scrum environment.
- Participates working in continuous integration environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- BS in computer science or related field
Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in Java Development
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Ability to learn new and complicated technologies, techniques, tools, and business processes quickly
- Experience handling demanding projects and juggling multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to research, understand, and take ownership of existing application code
- Experience in healthcare helpful but not required
- Experience and/or familiarity with the Agile and/or Scrum methodologies preferred
In exchange for your technical expertise and creative problem solving, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month. Learn more at www.ihie.org.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media