Systems Integration Analyst I
- - Service Delivery
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) Service Delivery team implements and supports technologies that directly impact the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking a Systems Integration Analyst with strong analytical skills to join the team. If you're talented, driven, and enjoy a little fun, you'll find IHIE to be a great place to work.
Summary: The Systems Integration Analyst I works closely with Project Managers, IHIE Developers, Support teams, and customers to ensure that customer messages are properly configured for correct receipt and display within our applications and storage in the database. This role will exercise strong analytical, troubleshooting, and testing skills, and will come with the opportunity to learn more technical and leadership skills over time.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interacts with clients to define the scope of new service requests.
- Configures IHIE systems and applications for client implementations.
- Configures delivery rules, new report types, provider files and services in DOCS4DOCS, IHIE's application for clinical results delivery.
- Through teamwork, supports client implementations by providing data subject matter expertise via regular client conference calls and email.
- Reviews HL7 messages against the IHIE HL7 message specification using a suite of message analysis tools. Creates issue logs defining the differences between the HL7 messages as received and the IHIE HL7 message specifications. Provides sufficient detail for the client to edit the messages so it meets IHIE specification.
- Monitors data flowing into and out of IHIE systems for any issues including structural data problems, data quality, and application display problems.
- Troubleshoots message and data issues. Performs root cause analysis for issue resolution, documents identified issues, reports problems to the appropriate team, and tracks issues through to resolution. Communicates resolution to client as needed.
- Responds to tier 2 support requests and assists teammates as needed.
- Participates in 24x7 tier 2 on-call rotation.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience highly preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer-centric approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to "think outside the box" and solve problems independently
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Adaptable and responsive in a rapidly-changing, process-improvement focused environment
- Ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical peers on solutions and issues
- Basic understanding of SQL, including the ability to manipulate simple queries
- Experience in healthcare, electronic health/medical records, or with databases highly preferred
- Experience with HL7 message protocol helpful but not required
- Experience working directly with customers and/or vendors preferred
- Basic experience/understanding with any of the following helpful but not required: XML data, regular expression, programming experience
In exchange for your analytical skills and customer-centric approach, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month. Learn more at www.ihie.org.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media