Linux (Systems and Applications) Administrator
- Solution Engineering - Technology
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) technology team brings IT expertise to the IHIE solutions that directly impact the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking a Linux Administrator to join the team. If you're talented, driven, and enjoy a little fun, you'll find IHIE to be a great place to work.
Job Title: Linux (Systems and Applications) Administrator
Summary: Perform the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of networks and computer systems with Linux operating systems.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains knowledge of the operations and administration solutions to effectively troubleshoot problems; maintains existing environment and functionality.
- Participates in application release assessments, testing, validating, production release planning, and deployments.
- Participates in 24x7 support environment with recurring on-call responsibilities.
- Systems administration in all Linux OS and Linux based applications, patching, upgrading, VM provisioning / builds; establishing, documenting, deployment, modifying (as necessary) alerts and monitoring, performance monitoring / tuning, disaster-recovery and business-continuity strategies.
- Experience with deploying and supporting applications running on Linux OS.
- Performs server maintenance and troubleshooting including software security, log analysis, maintaining application updates and bug fixes; monitors systems for operational uptime and responds to downtime events, maintains sufficient logs to report uptime statistics.
- Builds and maintains Linux systems according to best practices for security, reliability and segregation of duties.
- Provides support to internal team members, tier II support team and end users of application systems.
- Troubleshoots day to day problems occurring in OS, applications, networking environments and data center connectivity.
- Manages data center operations to ensure appropriate server administration, patching, performance monitoring and alerting to ensure contractual obligations are properly executed by vendor(s).
- Uses continuous improvement techniques to analyze and improve performance and processes.
- Establishes, maintains and documents knowledge of operational processes for tier II support.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer discipline, technology or engineering highly preferred
Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years hands on experience establishing and troubleshooting issues on Linux systems "Red Hat Enterprise 7.x or newer" and Linux based applications
- Experience with enterprise level administration tools to manage and monitor a robust Linux environment
- Experience with virtual environments, preferably VMware vSphere
- Experience creating and maintaining server scripts to perform routine maintenance tasks
- Experience with Linux OS security
- Experience with applications deployments and support
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot applications changes and modifications
- Well versed with virtual implementations and support
- Experience with Linux servers and configurations
- Knowledge and understanding of basic TCP/IP networking concepts
- Ability to interact with other IHIE peers and IT vendors
- Good communication skills, both written and vocal
- Ability to work effectively on a team and independently
- Interest in learning new technologies
Experience in the following is helpful but not a requirement:
- Experience in a Healthcare/HIPAA regulated environment.
- Experience with administration and maintenance of Citrix Netscaler load balancers.
- Experience with maintenance and tuning of PostgreSQL databases, MySQL, and Mariadb.
- Experience with Spacewalk or Red Hat Satellite.
- Experience with SaltStack or similar configuration management software.
- Experience with containerization implementations and software such as Docker and Kubernetes, or Red Hat OpenShift.
In exchange for your Linux skills, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month. Learn more at www.ihie.org.