Solution Center Specialist
- Service Delivery - Solution Center
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) Service Delivery team implements and supports technologies that directly impact the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking a Solution Center Specialist with strong customer service skills to join the team. If you're talented, driven, and enjoy a little fun, you'll find IHIE to be a great place to work.
Summary: The Solution Center Specialist is a key role at IHIE, providing front line IHIE product support to end users. This role solves tier I and tier II technical questions and triages higher tier helpdesk problems and requests as appropriate. The Solution Center Specialist is the face of IHIE products and services to clients.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers help desk phone calls and emails.
- Triages technical questions and helpdesk requests to appropriate departments; escalates problems following procedures.
- Troubleshoots IHIE products end user problems, performs some root cause analysis.
- Monitors and investigates issues; follows through to ensure resolution.
- Researches and updates provider data files; enters and reviews accuracy of provider information in proprietary systems and/or spreadsheets.
- Maintains FaxUtility, troubleshoots failed faxes.
- Communicates various statuses (project, system, etc.) to internal and external stakeholders as requested.
- Works on various special projects as assigned by the Solution Center Manager.
- Ability to work after hours on call support.
- Performs customer trainings on applications.
- Assists with client implementations.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- High school diploma required, some college coursework or degree preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Customer service experience
- High technical aptitude to quickly learn proprietary systems and applications is a must
- Must be able to type at least 35 WPM
- Intermediate proficiency in the following Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Passion for technology and innovative thinking
- Outstanding communication skills including both verbal and written
- Demonstrated strong listening skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions quickly
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and balance competing demands and multiple priorities
- Some experience or education in healthcare or healthcare information technology (HIT) helpful but not required
In exchange for your technical aptitude and strong customer service skills, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month. Learn more at www.ihie.org.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media