Manager, Solution Engineering
- - Solution Engineering
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) Solution Engineering team develops technologies that directly impact the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking a Manager, Solution Engineering with expertise overseeing developers as they perform design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of full-stack applications. This position will focus on supporting development teams by managing standards and best practices, advising on technical approach, clarifying requirements for projects, and setting forward-looking architectural direction for IHIE's application development strategy. If you're talented, driven, and enjoy a little fun, you'll find IHIE to be a great place to work.
Job Title: Manager, Solution Engineering
Summary: Works closely with the IHIE Developers, Product Owners, Support/Integration Teams, and partners to implement application functionality and integrations. This role will exercise strong management, organization, analysis, design, and troubleshooting skills across multiple systems and teams.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Team Management
- Responsibility for day-to-day oversight and management of application developers
- Establish personal & team goals based on company objectives
- Evaluate performance and deliver feedback via regular one-on-one meetings and yearly reviews
- Facilitate inter-team and intra-team communication, collaboration, and cooperation
- Define training plans to advance developers' skillsets
- Own job descriptions, hiring for open positions, and identifying future resource needs
- Promote growth of team members through new experiences and challenges
- Evaluate and manage relationships with partner organizations, consultants, and vendors
2. Application Development Management
- Hands-on involvement with troubleshooting, analysis, and design tasks assigned to the team
- Participate in Scrum rituals to facilitate development team's work efforts
- Establish and enforce code standards & best practices
- Audit Unit Testing & Peer Review output, and improve code quality through new approaches
- Oversee code management, package promotion, and build/deployment processes
- Advise on security aspects and remediate code, configuration, and permissions issues
- Coordinate with other development teams & resources on technical strategy
- Investigate requests and elicit detailed requirements, root cause, or workflow specifics.
- Produce technical implementation recommendations, plans, and designs for n-Tier applications, often by collaborating with teammates or stakeholders from other departments.
- Demonstrated servant leadership, hands-on management, and supervisory skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Passion for innovation
- Strong desire to address complicated business opportunities with technology
- Ambitious and determined to move forward regardless of obstacles
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of management experience, or Dev Team Lead responsibilities with motivation to pursue a management career path
- 4+ years of experience with application development frameworks, tools, and processes.
- 4+ years of experience with software analysis, troubleshooting, design, development, and testing
- 4+ years of experience with system integrations, APIs, Web Services
- 3+ years of experience with structured query language (SQL) and relational databases
- Experience in a HIPAA regulated environment or with health data
- Experience with common health data formats, such as HL7 and CCD
- Experience with the Agile and/or Scrum methodologies
- Experience with modern Java and ReactJS development patterns, frameworks, and libraries
- Strong communication, relationship building, and managerial skills
- Proven success designing efficient, scalable, and maintainable software solutions
- Experience with working across multiple application development or operations teams
- Ability to learn new and complicated technologies, techniques, tools, and business processes quickly
- Experience handling demanding projects and juggling multiple priorities
Application Instructions:For consideration, please apply online.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month. Learn more at www.ihie.org.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media